Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gosh, I'm old

So every once in a while, you realize that you are in fact, old...or at least older then you used to be. I had one of those eye opening moments the other day at the school while working.

So Tuesday I get there and a little boy, 2nd grade I think, asks me to open his wide mouthed thermos. I'm twisting & twisting with all my might and it's not budging. I ask the boy "Who do I look like, He-Man?"

The boy looks up at me, you know that quizzical up through your eyebrows look and says "WHO?"

Me, not quite grasping yet that the kid isn't deaf, but instead has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about says "He-Man, ya know?"

Then a chorus of little voices all around the boy says "Who's He-Man"

Then I had to admit I was old...I had no choice, so my answer goes "Oh He-Man, I guess he's a little behind your time...he was a cartoon when I was your age, he was kind of like a super hero, like Spiderman & Ironman".

Then it all made sense to them, yep the Noon supervisor lady was old, but at least she knew something about superheros.

Oh, by the way....I'm just old, not a total weakling, it took passing that thermos around to 4 different people before it finally got open.

1 comment: