Friday, February 19, 2010

These are the moments you live for as a parent

Standing around after Madison got out of school today, her teacher approached me. She let me know that she's doing pretty well with her numbers, but gets stumped after 69, so some work on that, she's reading pretty well, and then she tells me...

"Madison always does the things she's supposed to be doing, always listens to directions & tries her hardest to be doing the right thing." Yayayayay!

But even better the conversation continued on and she said "Madison is probably the most empathetic child I have in class. She always is caring to the other kids, never causes issues and when we talk about situations and how would you feel, or how do you think the character feels, she says things like "Oh that must make them very happy, or that would make me very sad".

I would be thrilled to know she is doing perfect in reading or with numbers, but I am so proud to have someone else recognize that I am raising a decent human being. Numbers are great but being a good person goes a lot farther in my book. I am seriously beaming ear to ear.

1 comment: