Sunday, February 7, 2010

Walking in a Winter Onederland

So, I really have to get better at this blogging thing. There are times through out the day that the kids will say something funny & I think, "Oh, have to put that on the blog". As you can tell, I'm horrible with follow through.

So....I need to catch up with the girl's birthdays. First up is Riley.

Riley's was held on her actual birthday, January 2nd. We had a Winter ONEderland theme (hehe, yes, corny but cute!). I double dipped & sent the invites with our Christmas cards. I made them as a long vertical rectangle. Purple card stock. Towards the top, I glued down wide ribbon & on top of that glued down a picture of her. Under that was the wording for the invites. I'm hoping I can find an extra & take a picture to show. I personally think they turned out fairly well!

We had comfort foods with an emphasis on white. White cheddar baked mac&cheese, Meatballs & penne regate, snow flake shaped sandwiches, cream puffs, a hot cocoa station and other good odds & ends. Tessa helped me decorate, Mary made the banner for me & of course, Michael filled in where ever I needed him. Just about the whole family made it, along with some friends. We were packed, but it seemed like everyone had a good time.

Riley could really have cared less with most of the present opening. Not to say, she isn't loving her gifts now, but she was more into socializing then opening at that time.

However, cake time, oh yeah, the only socializing she was doing was with her cupcake. She didn't poke around at it, smear the frosting with her finger or any of that other typical 1st birthday cake stuff. She picked up the cupcake & promptly stuffed it up to her mouth. There was barely any crumbs on her tray & clean up was honestly quite easy, because most of it went in her mouth.

And now for the photo heavy ending =)

Decorations - I was late on these & snapped most of them after the party, and I never got a good shot of the pretty snowflakes hanging down from the ceiling.
Photobucket
Hot Cocoa station
Photobucket
starting left to right
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Close up of the mantle decorations
Photobucket

The Birthday Girl!
Photobucket
Photobucket
One of her favorites - yay!
Photobucket
Maddy giving her sister her doll as a present, isn't that so sweet!
Photobucket

READY for CAKE!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment