Thursday, June 24, 2010

Catch Up!!

Okay lets see...here goes a quick catch up from the last posting, which was about a month ago. These are not necessarily in chronological order...they are as I'm remembering them :)

1) M's first VCS Celebration of Arts dance performance. She made the best little squirrel ever! Seriously.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2)Miss Madison has made it through Kindergarten! Woohoo! And so has Mommy! Double woohoo! Michael was able to take the day off of work, which was nice. Her class marked her last day of kindergartenhood in a nice easy fashion. No caps & gowns and such. The festivities began @ lunch time when the parents were invited to have lunch with the kiddo's in the lunch room. I wish I would've not left my camera in the classroom (Michael & I had been there all day, helping out), because it was really neat to see the lunch room packed with all these families. During recess a few of us headed back to the classroom to set up for their performance of songs for the parents & their magic walk. The Magic Walk was at the end, when a red carpet was laid out. At the beginning of the carpet they were kindergarteners by the time they made it to the end, to Mrs. Piper, they had magically become 1st Graders.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The reason Mrs. Piper isn't smiling isn't because she doesn't like my child, but she was announcing to everyone about how she was MY kindergarten teacher also. Pretty cool huh?!
Photobucket
Our pretty cool class gift to Mrs. Piper. I had each of the children use fingerprints to make the blades of grass & the petals on the flowers. Erin (P) completed the rest, including the children's names on the bottom of it and the words "Thank you for helping us grow".
Photobucket

3)Dunn dunn dunnnnnnn....The Kitchen. So with our income tax return we decided we're going to redo the kitchen, which badly needs it. However we are still on an extremely shoe string budget. Lucky for us, we know some great people. Our good friend Time aka our general contractor, architect and Michael's golf buddy took our dimensions, our ideas and gave us ideas. So the plan is, knocking out a wall, moving the fridge, adjusting the sink & a bunch of other stuff. With a budget of $6500. Sound impossible...yeah, most would think that. But so far I'm making it work. We have not officially broke ground on it yet...but it is in the works. Keep look out for updates, because you are going to be impressed...I promise!

4)PTO - I'm crazy. I am now the Social Activities chair for the PTO. Be prepared to hear many things regarding this in the upcoming school year.

5)Riley. We can't forget Riley and believe me, she won't let you forget her. She is one determined, smart little thing. She keeps me on my toes from the moment she wakes up, to the moment I lay her down, and in many cases, for an hour or 2 after wards. I adore her, she adores giving me gray hairs. I need to get better about making notes of her firsts & all that stuff, because they are happening so quickly and I'm so forgetful!

Leaving you with one of my current favorite pictures of the girls. After her last day of school, under the watchful eye (hahaha) of Katelyn, the girls decided to go swimming in their clothes. Ahh, sometimes you just have to go with the flow
Photobucket

1 comment: